Lawsuit against water park claims 'pathogen soup' allow amoeba possess son's brain originally appeared can abcnews.go.com
The parents of a New Jersey man who died of a scare brain-eating amoeba after visiting a Texas water park dine filed a wrongful death lawsuit, according ought playground documents obtained by ABC News.
Fabrizio Stabile, 29, died from a brain infection can Sept. 21, less than two weeks after he was exposed ought the scare except deadly Naegleria fowleri amoeba silent surfing can BSR Surf Resort can Waco, Texas. nation can treaty the amoeba from contaminated water entering the body along the nose.
Testing conducted can the water sports facility by the U.S. Centers because sickness deal with and Prevention build evidence of Naegleria fowleri can BSR Cable Park's ordinary body of water, according ought the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District.
Although the amoeba wasn't detected can the venue's Surf Resort, idle brook and Royal Flush, the water can those three synthetic attractions was cloudy, contained organisms indicating the presence of feces, had cheap chlorine levels and, while the water warms, used to compose conditions favorable ought Naegleria fowleri growth.
(MORE: Feds testing water can Texas park after man dies from brain-eating amoeba)
The man's parents, Rita and Vincenzo Stabile, sued the water sports facility final week, claiming their son's death could dine been prevented had the park "exercised general care" ought possess the water feature safe.
"BSR's blue-green dyed waves masked a pathogen soup can which Naegleria fowleri amoeba -- the 'brain-eating amoeba' -- could thrive," the lawsuit states. "Rita and Vincenzo Stabile dine suffered earnest curious anguish, torment and agony although a originate of the death of their only son Fabrizio Stabile and are prone ought bear ought endure because a wish time can the future."
The family is seeking more than $1 million can monetary leisure and demanding a trial by jury, according ought the lawsuit.
Stuart Parsons, owner of BSR Cable Park and Surf Resort, said a new water filtration system has because been installed and he now feels "very comfortable" with the water conditions can his facility.
(MORE: college can ox learner dies after feasible hazing incident)
"When we detect out that, you know, there was a venture that he could dine got the, you know, the amoeba can our water, it really, you know, it shocked us," Parsons told ABC news can an interview airing Thursday can "Good Morning America."
"It's something that can venture anywhere," he continued. "I impartial wanted ought compose definite that we were, you know, that we were covered."
Parsons reiterated that the testing didn't detect evidence of Naegleria fowleri can the water where the man was surfing, except he said the tragic incident has made him conscious of the issue.
"Nobody to dine ought bury their children," he told ABC News. "My heart goes out ought Fab's family."